In coping with wintertime and the frigid discomfort it brings, I am faced with the task of finding workwear that are sufficiently warm yet stylish. Introducing the shift dress; by description, a shift dress, is an uncomplicated looking dress, one that typically ends above/around the knee and has adequate room in the hips and waist area. All of which sounds like music to my ears.
I caught the christmas cheer a little earlier this year, and I love it! I have neighbours and local grocery stores who bursted out their christmas decoration right after halloween to thank for it. In helping out with the numerous holiday activities you have to handle .i.e. gift shopping, I have put together a gift guide of affordable items that every working lady (family member/friend/colleague/neighbour/your kids’ female teacher) will appreciate.
- Vince Camuto Tote: Sure, the trend these days is along the lines of petite-looking structured bags, but it is nice to have that an alternative in a tote like this for the day(s) you need to lug more between the office/school and home. These type bags also make for great travel hand luggages or beach or pool bags!
- Kate Spade PJ Set: I don’t think a girl can have too much PJs! Regardless of the age of your receiver, PJs are such great gifts!
- Reversible Scarf: Scarves are such ubiquitous gifts. It is the go-to for when you are out of ideas; however, this reversible two-toned one adds an extra dimension scoring above a regular scarf. Checkered scarf like one are also beautiful and make great gifts.
- Suede Obi Belt: Oh, the Obi belt – so versatile and pairs beautifully well with everything – long blouses, skirts, dresses and pants.
- Baublebar Pearl Hoop Earrings: Such gorgeous earrings! A unique combination of hoops and the traditional pearls.
- Snowflake Brooch: “No one below 50 wears a brooch” they say, but I completely disagree. See me rock mine here and here. I love brooches for their sophisticated simplicity.
- Baublebar Pyramid Spike Y-Chain: Minimalist necklaces were definitely my thing year. I love their simplicity and this one fits the bill. They also go nicely layered with this bar chain.
- S’Well Water Bottle: These S’Well bottles are all the rage now…they have been for a while, I was only recently introduced to them. I see why every lady wants one – according to the company, they keep cold drinks cold for up to 24 hours, and hot drinks hot for up to 12 hours. Perfect for carrying your morning smoothie or in my case, hot chocolate.
- Girl Boss (the book): Now, nothing compares to the gift of education, amiright?! This book is everything – a great entertaining, motivational and easy read that gave me the needed push to start this blog. I highly recommend it if you need the kick to begin any much thought about venture.
Have I left any item you think will make a great gift for the corporate lady? Kindly share it in the comments section!
Thanks for coming by!
With the cold weather upon us, I have had to come up new weather-appropriate ways to wear my skirts. Pairing it with a chunky sweater as I did above just seemed right, and I was reasonably warm with an extra winter jacket thrown over.
Happy Thanksgiving, Canadian friends!
I hope all friends in the Great White North are having a lovely Thanksgiving celebration, surrounded by family and friends. I just plopped this year’s turkey in the oven *fingers crossed for a juicy turkey leg in about 4 hours*.