In coping with wintertime and the frigid discomfort it brings, I am faced with the task of finding workwear that are sufficiently warm yet stylish. Introducing the shift dress; by description, a shift dress, is an uncomplicated looking dress, one that typically ends above/around the knee and has adequate room in the hips and waist area. All of which sounds like music to my ears.
I purchased the one I have on one a few years ago when I had just graduated from the university, and I’m always pleased to see that even after adding on a couple of pounds since that time, it still fits! This is my favourite thing about shift dresses – the fact that they hold relevance in your closet for many years, both in terms of style and fit.
Of course, other pointers that will keep me shopping for shift dresses include their easy-to-wear nature as well as the unbeatable comfort they offer. They are particularly perfect for parties too when you intend to eat alot, which is my specialty.:)
- Shift Dress – Gap (old, see above for some nice looking shift dresses)
- Two-toned Scarf – H&M (no longer available online, check your local store)
- Necklace – Banana Republic (here)
- Shoes – Zara (no longer available)
- Bag – H&M (no longer available)